Ingest Service API
Content import means, that you transfer data from external sources into a CoreMedia system and store it as
CoreMedia Content Cloud offers several ways to import content:
- Ingest Service API
- A hosted service for CoreMedia on Cloud customers with a REST API
- Unified API
- The common CoreMedia Java API for access to the repository
- Importer Framework
- An XSLT based framework for content import
- Content Hub
- An API for Studio which connects third-party content sources with the CoreMedia system
- Serverimport tool
- A command line tool which imports content from a previous server export
Ingest Service API
The Ingest Service is a hosted service for CoreMedia on Cloud (CMOC) offering a REST API. You can use this
service to import content into your CoreMedia instances, hosted by CoreMedia.
Use the Ingest Service for content import into your hosted CoreMedia system.
Getting Access to the Ingest Service
How to do this?
The Unified API is the common Java API used to access all server aspects of the CoreMedia system. You can write your
own Unified API clients.
Use the Unified API
The CoreMedia Importer is an XSLT based framework that can be used to import XML based content. To do so, you have to
transform the given XML into the CoreMedia XML format.
The CoreMedia Importer is seldomly used nowadays.
You can use existing Content Hub adapters or write your own Java adapters for the Content Hub to connect external systems with the CoreMedia system.
- Import content from third-party systems
- Exchange data between CoreMedia systems
The serverimport tool can be used to import content that was exported by the serverexport tool.
- Transfer content from one CoreMedia system into another system.
- Initially set up a system with data
Find the description of the serverimport tool in the Content Server Manual